Monday, March 3, 2008

Rule Number 1

'Rule Number One' is the title of a song sung by David Wilcox. I share this song with every young lady who is of dating age - because I think it has a great tune, catchy beat, and excellent advice for every young lady.

Hopefully some guy will see himself in the song and change his ways. Remember when I told my boys that part of being a man means to protect the women in your life - be it your mother, wife, sister, daughter?

This is one of the qualities of authentic manhood. the song cleverly describes a date in-progress where everything is just right - or at least it seems to be that way. 'Till the service was slow' and the guy on the date starts abusing the waiter... The singer states the rule number one is RUN. 'Get up and run, don't walk, don't wait. Rule number one: don't hesitate - your date is done. Run.' 

I'm here in Houston at a hotel and last night I made the stupid mistake of flicking channels. What I saw made me so sick to my stomach the t.v. was shut off and I found myself wanting to gather every father's daughter in the world to protect her from the demented men who would mistreat them.

Men! BE TRUE MEN. Knock off this pursuit of pleasure that degrades women meant to be princesses and queens. Start being men again - or start learning for the first time. Young women stop settling for less and demand that your date have the heart of a man.
If he refuses... remember rule number one: RUN. 

When I think of what young people are being exposed to today I feel more motivated than ever to get this blog turned into a website. I want to gather the collective wisdom from you men out there. Make no mistake - I'll keep on posting till I croak but I am not the only one with wisdom to share. Of course from time to time my opinion will seep through and hopefully someone out there will challenge me. I love a challenge. Go for it.

If you see no need to correct me - then tell me your story or share your wisdom.
Click on the word 'comment' below this post and start typing!

No comments: