Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day


Sometimes I take the kids to the store or park when my wife Mary is running errands. More than once people have asked me if I'm babysitting - right away I say: "How can I babysit my own children? I'm not babysitting - I'm FATHERING."
Happy Father's Day to all you dedicated dad's. And to all you disconnected boys in men's bodies who reproduce and ignore your offspring - I hope the day disturbed you into conversion. You can do it! Think of your children. Think of ways you can be there for them. Don't babysit your own children ever again - FATHER them. One day they will thank you - one day the world will thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael John,
I witnessed your inspiration tonight. May God Bless you and your family. You are truely a messenger for God.
I agree with the note to which I am responding, I also find myself happily Fathering often, I can never get enough.
Thanks for restoring my strength.

Anonymous said...

Michael,

I spent 8 days fathering my 4 kids a couple of weeks ago as my wife and a couple of her sisters took their mother to So. Calif. to visit relatives. She had a great time with her family and had a much needed vacation. I pulled off 8 days with 3 teenagers and a 10 year old, no problems and time well spent with my kids one-on-one. They also saw that Dad can survive the heat without Mom! Babysitting! Ha! One doesn't babysit their own kids......

Mel