Thursday, June 26, 2008

Innocence in Times Square


We drove through downtown New York last Thursday evening and I completely forgot about the potential for seeing inappropriate ads and stores. I was proud of my sons who turned their eyes away from images they thought might be impure. I want them to know the body is beautiful and that it was designed and created by the God of all holiness. What is not good is the way money-hungry or lust-addicted people misuse the body for financial gain or to feed disordered cravings. Of course I can't explain it that way to my 8 year old - but I HAVE begun to discuss this with my 12 year old. Here's to the innocence that passed through Times Square last week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Purity is impossible to me. What am I supposed to do when I see the covers of magazines right in my face at the store? what about TV? movies? internet? its everywhere. And you're PURE? I wonder what drug you are taking to make you that way. I think lust is built into us men
call me an unbeliever