Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fr Larry



Father "Larry" told me he was baptized the night he was born, and before leaving after the baptism, the priest told his family, "Name him 'Larry' - he's going to be a priest!"

Fr Larry went on to say, "All my life, my father told me, 'I'd rather you be a bum in the gutter, than a mediocre priest... a bum in the gutter!' WHAT am I supposed to do with that?!"

Thank you Fr Larry, for being anything but mediocre! I now tell my two boys: "If you choose to become a priest or a husband, I'd rather you be bums in the gutter than mediocre priests or husbands! Bums in the gutter!"

They laugh because of the wild accent I use - but they get my meaning. Then I make sure and review how I'm doing living out my own convictions...

As soon as we can get this blog site made into a web site - we'll organize it better so you can see whatever topic interests you most... meanwhile, if you're a first time visitor, be sure and scroll down for all the posts below. And if you're NOT a first time visitor just keep mulling over the stories you might add to this blog. Then... add them!
MJP

No comments: