Tuesday, January 15, 2008

From California Dad

This came in an e-mail today...

(The blog site...) is well put and much-needed, and I really like the goal of it. I'll try to come back and post when I can. I will also need all the help and insight I can get! Our (son) is 10 now, and he's getting close to where some initial "talks" will need to take place.
Of course, we've been laying a groundwork, hopefully guided by the Spirit and (John Paul II), about how sacred and important our bodies are and how true love is not a selfish love.
Unfortunately, my father never talked about sexuality with me or my brother-- I wish he had, early in my life. Through the grace of God, I had the youth group at (church) to fill me in on His truth and purpose for me and my sexuality, but there were years of unhealthy thought-patterns and habits that needed to be corrected, and, believe me, it's taken years to make progress (still always working on it!). Hopefully, we'll do better with our own kiddos...
signed,
California Dad


Thank you for your e-mail. I will try to post more as time allows, meanwhile you other guys - feel free to post or send me an e-mail - whatever is easiest for you. God bless you.
MJ

No comments: