Thursday, January 10, 2008

She's My Daughter


I stole this title from a song by Tom Wilson. Guys, if you have a daughter, you will want this song! Just click on his name and buy the song. (and no - I do not get any percentage of sales!) This photo of my daughter Therese (courtesy of Grace Minton) makes me want to grab every dad or would-be dad and sit him down - especially if he has a son. PLEASE teach your son that to be a man he MUST give respect to women. I have heard, and so have you, too many stories of very troubled guys who are mean to the women in their life. I say 'guys' because if they are insulting, or hurting their wives or daughters in any way, they have side-stepped authentic manhood. So - men - please teach your boys. Look at yourself. If you find yourself tearing down the dignity of the women in your life, get help. I would love to begin hearing stories of husbands who became real men because they grew up emotionally and changed degrading behavior towards wives and daughters. If my little girl is to marry someday - I pray for the father of that boy. Dear God make him a holy father so he can give a strong example to his sons about how a real man treats the woman he marries. By the way, you can do this only with God's help. Maybe you were given a bad example by your own father - then get close to your Father in Heaven. He creates and is able to re-create.

I told my boys that a man protects and honors the women in his life. Right after I said this, cute little Therese ran into the room and head-butted John Paul then ran out. Holding his head, John Paul asked, "Papa, do I have to protect her, too?"

Yes, you do, even when your little sister acts like Princess... Fiona.

No comments: