Monday, January 28, 2008

TheDukeAZ

(Photo courtesy of Grace Minton)

I had to share this comment made on the last post. TheDukeAZ writes:

Life is crazy and I have a lot to learn. After reading your post, it has made me re-evaluate what being a man in the person of a father and husband means. Thank you for the time taken to share your thoughts and experiences. I too strive to be a good man.

I am a by-product of a broken home. My father was a great “friend”. He always says that we grew up together. For years I didn’t really think about his statement until I started finding my own path in life. This is hard to put in text so bear with me. My mother and father divorced before my first birthday and the first time I ever ate breakfast with them, together, was the morning of my High School graduation. The first time I ever saw them hug, was that same morning. This still levels me and I have to remember that this isn’t a story, this really happened.

So, in making a long story short, I have had little background is seeing what the interactive role of a mother and father relationship in the realm of family life, looks like. Fast-forward to present day and I have been married 5 years and have two little girls and a boy coming next month. To say the least, I have felt alone and have had to learn from many mistakes. I am not a bright man but I know I love my wife and children. I want to be a better man.

I am excited to read more entries to this blog in hopes of having my many questions answered. My purpose was to introduce myself and say thank you for your willingness to share. God Bless You!


God bless YOU and the rest of you men willing to share your wisdom, struggles, ideas and life lessons. Again - the success of this blog (and the coming web site) is because of you taking the time to strengthen brothers you may never meet this side of heaven.

MJP

No comments: